Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!! It's much different celebrating New Years in a different country. Here in Siem Reap a lot of tourist come to celebrate the new year. It doesn't feel much like New Years right now. I can't believe how much has happened this year as I reflect back on 2013. I must say so much has happened this year. For starters I graduate high school and now I'm sitting in a country half way around the world. This year has been one of the best years of my life. I remember that the year started out with me and my two best friends sleeping in the baptism tub at our church where me and my one best friend decided that our New Years resolution would be to see each other every day of the year even if that involved FaceTimeimg each other when we still lived only about 15 minutes away from each other. Of course like most New Years resolutions it only lasted for about a week. Also this past years I had one of the best summers. It started with me being a leader on a high school boating trip. Then I ended up working at a summer camp where I met some of the greatest people who really helped me grow this summer and getting to just be at camp was a blast. From camp that's where this crazy wild adventure that I'm on now began. Since I arrived in Hawaii I had learned so much. I really began to learn and this for my self. I've been able to gain experience in situations that I'd never experience and have been able to develope my own worldview outside of what my parents have thought me. I've learned how to live in community which was a huge thing for me to go from never sharing a room to living in a room with four strangers. I've also found God this year and have been able to grow and really have a true relationship with him.  Now as I sit half way around the world I relize how blessed I am for the family and friends I have and for this great opportunists god has blessed me with. I relieze how much I take for grantied. All the days here in Cambodia where I spend counting down the days till I go home just because I'm annoyed by the people I'm with or I'm sick of the food, or I feel like I'm about to pass out because I'm not used to the Cambodia diet. I relize that all those days I take for grantied I should be happy with where I'm at. Cambodia might not have been my first choice for out reach locations,but god told me to go here. God has me here for a reason I have absolutley no clue what that reason is but I want to enjoy every moment of it. Today our team was really able to connect and able to talk about things it was really an answer to prayers then we went down to the main tourist spot to see the crowded craziness of everyone celebrating the last hours of 2013. I really can't wait for what god has planed for me for 2014. 2013 was awesome and I'm so ready for what god has in store for me this year. This year I want to listen and follow god in obedience. Where ever god takes me I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment