Thursday, December 5, 2013

One Week

One week from today I will be leaving the place that has become my home for the past two and a half months and heading off to Cambodia!! I still can't grasp the fact that I'm going to Cambodia. It's exciting to see what God has in store for me and my team there. It's a sad feeling to be leaving Hawaii. I've met some of the most amazing people down here and done some of the coolest adventures. Gods creation down here is just so awesome seeing the coral and the fish at Captin Cook, hiking through the misty jungle like forest to get to the water slides, taking the leap off the side of the cliffs at end of the world into the clear blue water, standing looking over the most south point of America, and driving up into the cold mountains to go star gazing. God has truly blessed me to take me on the life changing adventure that isn't even over yet. I know that there is still so much more to come and many more wild adventures god has in store. Durning the lecture phase of my DTS the biggest thing that I have learned so far is that doing missions work isn't all about going into to a third world county trying to save as many souls as you can and just moving on to the next place god has called you to go.   God has called us to be disciples and go out and make disciples. Don't be a soul saver but rather a disciple maker. Just because someone said the sinners prayer doesn't mean that they have begun a relationship with God.  It's about going at discipling and teaching the people and helping them grow in a relationship with God. Another thing that I have learned since I've been down here is that I fully want to live my life for God. I've learned that all the doubt that I was harboring in was a lie, and that god is real and that he is so awesome and his love is so big that I have trouble grasping the concept that his love is so big. I don't want to fall back into the mind set that church is just something that I don and that prayer is something that u do before dinner and when tragedy strikes and things aren't going your way. I want to seek the kingdom of God first and let the rest of life fall into place behind. I want to be ready for God to ask who shall I sent and I want to answer her I am Lord send me.  It's a sad feeling leavening Hawaii and leaving behind some of the awesome people that I've become friends with and who have helped me grow over the last few months, but I'm ready to continue into this amazing adventure that God is taking me on.
ywam ywamships universityofthenations uofn disciple god jesus hawaii kona sail mission study  cambodia orphan adventures sextrafficing holyspirit doubt michigan serve

1 comment:

  1. Courtney! I seriously got chills reading this post! I'm so thrilled with how the Lord is working in your life and I'm so excited to see how He will continue to use and shape you! You are so incredible and have a huge heart for sharing His love and what He has done in your life! You heart to choose to follow and go where the Lord has called you is inspiring! Continue to seek the Kingdom of God first! I look forward to hearing many stories of your adventures to come and the adventures you have had! Go shout from the Mountain tops your passion for Christ and about the Grace He has shown us! AHHHH! I'm so excited for you Court! Sending you a giant hug right now! Miss you so much but I know that you are there for a reason and the challenges you face will only build you even more into the Woman of God that He is creating! So pumped for you! LOVE YOU SO MUCH my dear friend! <3
    Psalm 96:3 "Tell of His shining-greatness among the nations. Tell of His wonderful works among all the people."

    ReplyDelete