Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Comforts of Home

When I hear my roommate singing Christmas songs reality sets in. When she sings I'm dreaming of I white Christmas I realize that I won't be having a white Christmas. I realize that I'll have a hot dusty Christmas. When I hear I'll be home for Christmas it strikes me that this is the frist Christmas that I won't be home, and that for my family it will truly only be in their dreams. Here in Cambodia Christmas is viewed so much differently than in western culture. Where as I am used to Christmas being a time for family to get together and celebrate the birth of Jesus and just a time for family. Here in Cambodia it's a mostly buddest culture so they don't really celebrate Christmas. The Christians in Cambodia see Christmas as a time to reach out to the buddest community and minister to them.  As I think about the Christmas store I think about how god could have saved us in any way he wanted. He's God he's all mighty and so powerful he can do what ever he wants. Gods love and forgiveness is such a big consept for me to graspe that some this I sit in awe about how loved I am by God. He loves us so much that he took his one and only son to earth to die for us. To take away any sins that we have. He could have sent his son in any way, he could have sent him to be born in a palace and made it known to the world that he is the son of God so we should turn from our wicked ways and worship him. But rather God hunbley took his son out of the comforts and wonders of heaven and sent him to be born in a stable. I do really miss being with my family and friends during this holiday season. And missing out on the traditions like getting a new pair of pajamas, doing communion, and reading the Jonathan tuomey store that are still taking place even though I'm half way around the world, I realize that that's not what Christmas is about it's about Jesus and his coming to earth and the amazing gift that he gave to us. So I hope that you all have a merry Christmas and a happy New Years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment