Saturday, January 18, 2014

Throw up Thursday

This week I have experienced on of my worst adventure during this whole journey. Being sick in a third world county. So far almost the whole team is getting sick. Other than getting sick these past couple of weeks have been really good. About a week ago we loaded up our stuff, left Siem Reap and  headed pack to Phnom Phen. Since being back in here it isn't as bad as the first time here. I've really began to adjust to the busy city living of Phnom Phen. We've had a very busy schedule working with a lot of different ministries. A couple of days out off the week we are working with a few displacement villages where the government have robbed people of their land back in Phnom Phen and moved them in to the middle of know where with no homes and jobs. The other ministries we are working with are ministries involving sex trafficking. One of the hardest things for me to see is when we where taken into the read light districet and just seeing Weastern men flirting and touching the girls they had boughten for the night was something my mind couldn't even wrap seeping the fact that what I was seeing was really happening. One thing that God has really been teach me the past few weeks are to slow down and take the time to enjoy where I'm at. Even here on this once and a life time experience I find my self worrying about what's next rather than focus on where god has placed me and focus on what God wants me to be doing. I love the way Louie Gigleo put it by saying God isn't in a hurry, God takes his time with things like when he created the world he took his time creating it. So far in life I've always known what the next step for me so I've really had to relax and relize I need to stop worrying about what's next and stop rushing my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment