Monday, February 10, 2014

Choices

So much of the things we do in life is the result of the choices we make. Everyday we are faced with so many choices some big some small like should I brush my teeth today, or should I go to college after dts. sometimes I feel like the choices I make are so small that I dont really even give it much though I just am quick to make a decision and move on with life. sometimes I make good choices and sometimes I make bad choices like jumping off a 35 foot cliff landing smack on my butt and having to suffer with a black butt for a few weeks. choices effect the way you end you end up living. To be perfectly honest I was not excited to go to Cambodia. I was given the choice between four different outreach locations and when I first heard them I knew that i wanted to go to Fiji and be on the boat. when i went off on my own to pray about it God told me to go to Cambodia. I had never felt so strongly about God wanting me to do something, mainly because before I just did what I wanted do and didnt even consult God. when I first felt go to Cambodia I was like no God I want to go be on the boat we are gonna try this again and your gonna tell me to go to Fiji. But when I prayed again God told me Cambodia. I had to choice to go on the boat but i just couldn't do it I knew I wanted to trust God in this and follow in obedience. I was very unsure about my choice and I talked to many people about it. After it was finalized that I was going to Cambodia there was a lot of grumbling and bitterness that came along with it. I cant really say why I didnt want to got there other than it wasnt where I wanted to go. I was not happy I hated my team, I hated to smell of Cambodia, I hated the food, really I just hated every thing that was related to do with Cambodia. One thing that God has really tought me is that happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy. If I wanted to have a horrible outreach then I would,which is what I was making it in the beginning. I was throughing the worlds biggest pity party. God can't force us to be happy, he's not gonna force us to do anything. It is still my biggest struggle here to be happy when things get stressful or I get irriiated I just want to go back to my grumbling. I was challenged to stay possative and me thankful for a whole week and I found it so hard. I just had so many negative thoughts, but in the end it really made me start to appreciate things more. Like the opportunities I have been blessed with. I have really realized though when I make the choice to be happy and positive I truly enjoy myself here and I begin to be glad I'm here in Cambodia. I've also realized that it's not about the location that I want to be in it's about the work that I am doing. To go out and serve God and to follow him and be obedient to what he calls me to do and I should be happy in doing it. I have no regrets about coming to Cambodia.I'm so thankful for the adventures god has taken me on and for the adventures that are still to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment